Tuesday 31 May 2016

INFATUATION - KEHINDE LAMILISA (K. L. O. T.)

Sometimes,  when days unfold like preaching flowers, the sun peeps and then love making begins.

Time tells the difference between flames and fire. Time tells how strong the love for poetry is.  And this feeling comes true with the GOPOETHICK 2 that is dated for July, 15.





Today,  Lamilisa Kehinde (K. L. O. T.) has a poem that tells a dying story of love and dead feelings. This happened to my countlessly too,  and I am sure to find you somewhere in between this story. 


INFATUATION 

I don't know what this is, 
It feels like a rumble in my stomach,
Like life would end if I do not talk to you,
How smooth does the curves in your thighs come, 
What secret does your lips hold in kisses? 

I called it love, 
It held me numbed conversations. 
You built an empire in my mind
With pictures hanging like scattered cobwebs. 


I saw it on your face, 
You looked into my eyes, 
You paused, it was like forever, 
Your friends knew something was wrong,
It was kept within you just as me, 
I knew it was mutual.

I blame it on ego;
Walking past each other with full admiration, 
I said 'hello' as loud as a whisper,
You replied 'hello' in a voice hiding in caves,
Social-inattention sets in, 
Pride or ego. And then...it died.



4 comments: